Apple decimates iPhone trade-in values at the worst possible time

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Snooze, you lose! Trade-in values can’t stay high forever. Devices depreciate in value, even iPhones. Apple does this every year.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I’m sure Apple bases their trade in rebate on resale value. They get it, reset it, put in a new battery, clean it up, resell it. It’s thin margins but it doesn’t lose money. The secondary market going rate and high or low inventory will set rebate price.
800 is about the secondary market price for a base 13 PM. 650 is about the trade in through Apple. Sell it on the secondary market if you want max money back. Or trade in to Apple for the quick and easy rebate. Nothing that out of wack imho

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Snooze, you lose! Trade-in values can’t stay high forever. Devices depreciate in value, even iPhones. Apple does this every year.

Very true!!! One of the deciding factors that are useful for convincing my husband that it's time for a new phone is the fact that the current phone is depreciating in value. Normally, he's a "drive it till it dies" kind of guy, but he grudgingly gives in when I want a new phone. As for trading in the old phone, I know that I could probably make more money by selling my old phone myself, but the trade-in value makes it easier in convincing him that this is a good idea. He's never thoroughly convinced, but he gives in!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Very true!!! One of the deciding factors that are useful for convincing my husband that it's time for a new phone is the fact that the current phone is depreciating in value. Normally, he's a "drive it till it dies" kind of guy, but he grudgingly gives in when I want a new phone. As for trading in the old phone, I know that I could probably make more money by selling my old phone myself, but the trade-in value makes it easier in convincing him that this is a good idea. He's never thoroughly convinced, but he gives in!

Agreed. I feel that if I am going to get a new iPhone, I’d best decide to do it with the pre-order, so I can be sure to get the best trade-in value for my device from Apple. Not everyone wants to go that route, though I know if I wait to long, Apple’s trade in value is going to go down. I mean the iPhone 14 Pro has only been out for a few months, and it is now the deadline to get any apple device and have it delivered before X-mas. That is the risk of impulse buying vs. planning ahead.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW