Roaming in the US

birdman325

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am debating between using Roam Mobility while in the US vs. getting a T-Mobile SIM and using Pay by the Day. I don't go to the US that often, maybe a couple of times a year, usually for just a few days but maybe 1x a year for a week or 2 on holidays. I have a 4S and I am tired of Rogers roaming fees (even the $500 100 MB package) and I have been looking at Roam Mobility but then came across the T-Mobile Pay by the Day program. For $3 / day (only pay when you use it) I can get unlimited data, calls and text within the US.

Anyone from Canada have any thoughts on these alternatives? Thanx in advance.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Not in Canada but seems pretty clear from a financial standpoint, going with T-Mobile while in the US is the way to go.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Not in Canada but seems pretty clear from a financial standpoint, going with T-Mobile while in the US is the way to go.

that's what i do.

even though roaming fees have gone down drastically over the years they are still insanely expensive. i picked up a t-mobile sim card which they give for free once you activate it in store. minimum activation amount you have to put on the prepaid account is $10. i use the $2 or $3 a day prepaid plans. if you don't use the phone on a particular day it won't charge you. the downside is that tmobile coverage isn't as good as the big guys (att/verizon) but for the price you can't complain. it works perfect for text/call it's only data that has a few issues when you're in a bad coverage area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2