Just Gave Up Unltd Data....

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon last night and played super dumb so that the rep could walk me through step by step...
I have 2 smart phones and a basic phone, right now I have 700 minutes, unlimited text and two unlimited data packages and a 20% discount... And my bill is 160 a month. With the new hate plan it would be a base of 110 (40+40+30) and then 80 bucks for 6 gigs of date which is what's recommended since I average 4.5 gn a month currently... Son that puts me at 190 minus discount puts me at 172 plus all the taxes and regulation fees.
So for me it's ends up costing about 30 bucks more a month plus the possibility of ridiculously high over data penalties!
So In in the same boat as a few others, I'm no letting go of my current plan until the day i die!!
also a subsidized phone still costs like 3 to 4 hundred bucks plus taxes donuts not even close to worth it if you happen to be grandfathered in on unlimited data

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have to pay full retail for the next iPhone if I truly want it. It's not so much that I'll lose my unlimited data, but it looks like I'll be paying more.

Currently we have 4 phones...my iPhone and 3 non-smartphones. So I am the only line that uses data...my base monthly charge would be $190. I am reading conflicting stories on how my 20% corporate discount would apply. Currently my bill is consistently $143/month, I don't have unlimited minutes, but I do have unlimited text on all lines and then of course data on my iPhone line.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I think I may have to pay full retail for the next iPhone if I truly want it. It's not so much that I'll lose my unlimited data, but it looks like I'll be paying more.

Currently we have 4 phones...my iPhone and 3 non-smartphones. So I am the only line that uses data...my base monthly charge would be $190. I am reading conflicting stories on how my 20% corporate discount would apply. Currently my bill is consistently $143/month, I don't have unlimited minutes, but I do have unlimited text on all lines and then of course data on my iPhone line.

I would like to know also. I would receive a 20% VZW discount through my job but would like to know if it applies to the overall total of the bill or just to the "voice" portion of the bill. The way my AT&T and Sprint discounts work currently is my discounts are applied after the bill is totaled. Anyone know the way it is applied with VerizonWireless?

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know also. I would receive a 20% VZW discount through my job but would like to know if it applies to the overall total of the bill or just to the "voice" portion of the bill. The way my AT&T and Sprint discounts work currently is my discounts are applied after the bill is totaled. Anyone know the way it is applied with VerizonWireless?

Currently my discount is only applied to the main access charge, and then my data charge, not the total bill. I am not sure how its going to work with the new "Share Everything."

So currently the main access charge is $80 x .20 and 29.99 x.20. So my full discount is something like $24 with the current set up.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
So according to Verizon I am better off not switching my plans. The new plan will cost me several more dollars per month based on my current set up.

Even with my discount it would be $178 before taxes (my current bill is $143 taxes included). $130 baseline charge ($40, $30, $30, $30) + data pack ($60 - 20%).

I guess I'll be upgrading at full price.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I switched and actually saved $$ but in our case we use quite a few voice minutes each month. We were on the 900 minute plan and I had to monotor call each month to switch new clients into the Friends & Family numbers. Now we have unlimited talk & text and 2Gb of data (never have gone over 1Gb of data in any monthly cycle with two smartphones used mainly for e-mail). Plan is not going to save any $$ for heavy data users but does give those who were paying for unlimited data they will never use a chance to save.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
So according to Verizon I am better off not switching my plans. The new plan will cost me several more dollars per month based on my current set up.

Even with my discount it would be $178 before taxes (my current bill is $143 taxes included). $130 baseline charge ($40, $30, $30, $30) + data pack ($60 - 20%).

I guess I'll be upgrading at full price.

After talking with Verizon again...I can upgrade at discounted pricing...and keep everything the same (no Share Everything) but lose unlimited Data...and my bill would be about $6 higher. Might be an option as I rarely use 1gb since I'm on wifi so often.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure who exactly benefits from the new Share plans. My current bill, with two smartphones (both unlimited) and three dumb phones (1400 minutes, unlimited messaging, ten FnF deal, and employee discount) is $201 a month. That includes all taxes and fees and surcharges.

For the new Share plan, I would pay $80 for the two smartphones plus $90 for the three dumb phones. Thats $170 and I haven't added data yet. While I am currently on my iPhone, I do switch to my 4g android at times. 3gb is almost a given per month and I have hit nearly 10gb a few times. 4g LTE uses A LOT more data than the iPhone. Mainly because android phones load everything on a webpage, flash and all. iPhone's don't load everything. So 4g LTE iPhones probably won't be as bad as their android counter parts, but the data will increase.

So I would have to add at least 8-10gb data to my $170, putting me at nearly $100 over what I pay now. Then add on taxes, fees and surcharges. Also unsure how my discount would be applied.

I think Verizon has priced both the data and dumb phone pricing too high.

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly it, VERIZON BENEFITS! 30 bucks a month for dumb phones is ABSURD. You can get a prepaid unlimited talk text web dumb phone for 50 a month...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2