Unlimited Data with Family Plan

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I have had AT&T for years, so I am grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. I recently added someone to my plan with a second line, and we were told that the unlimited data will stay on for me, but then we need to get a seperate data plan for her. I then spoke to a coworker with the same situation, but she was able to apply her unlimited data to the new line, and does not have to pay for an additional data plan (this was done in the past year). Does anyone have experience with this? I am trying to figure out if I should call AT&T and complain or not! Thanks!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You can't get unlimited data when you add a additional line. That option is gone. Complaining will get you nowhere.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
If you're lucky some nice cs rep can move unlimited around for you. Not ADD one but it can be moved. We did it when I added my daughters line. She got my sons unlimited and his old line got the newer limited data. I don't think they have to. It's all in who you get and what they want to do.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I then spoke to a coworker with the same situation, but she was able to apply her unlimited data to the new line, and does not have to pay for an additional data plan (this was done in the past year).

That makes it sound like she has two lines but only one data plan? If so either she is mistaken or one of the lines doesn't require a data plan. At this point you still cannot share a plan in that way.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Each line must have its own data plan. Texting can be shared on a family plan. Data cannot.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, that's what I thought. She might be mistaken and maybe thinking about a second line that does not actually require a data plan.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That makes it sound like she has two lines but only one data plan? If so either she is mistaken or one of the lines doesn't require a data plan. At this point you still cannot share a plan in that way.

As a employee of att I believe she is mistaken. No data sharing at this point in time

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As a employee of att I believe she is mistaken. No data sharing at this point in time

Definitely a mistake since all lines with a smartphone do require a data plan. This is why I put my daughter on a prepaid plan with my old iPhone 3GS. She can use WiFi for her data and I save money in the long run.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77