It's definitely a smart move, whether you can see why or not... It might not be favourable for all consumers but it's better overall for the experience of customers on the AT&T network. The only way you're going over 2GB solely because of Installous is if you are downloading an offline GPS app over 3G, which is an absolutely retarded thing to do in the first place, as it would take hours.

If you don't like it, keep your current unlimited data.
    Yeah I agree with you on this. For one thing the new plans don't affect me at all since I have no need to tether and and already have the 30ULM plan. But lets just say that I was a new user, okay when I am at home and since I work from home that's quite a bit then I am on wi-fi and not using any data, and I don't know about you but the last job I had was a full wi-fi office as I am sure that many on here have so what is the real issue.
    06-03-2010 12:52 PM
    Don't believe the spin about this being "good" for at&t customers. This is all about what is good for at&t. But hey that's business, and I don't mind that at all. At&t wants to make a profit like any other business, but I do get annoyed by the spin.

If at&t wants to improve their network and get better set up for the future, they can either take their profit hits now and develop the network, or raise the costs to consumers. Trust me, at&t is expecting people's data usage to increase over the next several years, and they are banking on the idea that many people will opt for cheaper plans and then pay overage costs. It makes no sense for consumers to try and decrease their data usage while the newer phones are all about consuming data.
    06-03-2010 01:29 PM
    ok so if i opt into, lets say, the 200MB plan... will i be able to go back to unlimited later?
    06-03-2010 03:11 PM
    ok so if i opt into, lets say, the 200MB plan... will i be able to go back to unlimited later?
    From what I keep reading, once you drop the unlimited and pick one of the others and can't go back to unlimited. You can only go to the other option, 2GB or 200MB.
    06-03-2010 03:16 PM
    wow that blows! why not give us 3 options ppl will be much much happier
    06-03-2010 03:20 PM
    ^who uses installous?????????????
    lulz!
    06-03-2010 05:38 PM
    So isn't that false advertising?? I mean it's not really unlimited if you get charged for going over. I mean how do u go over unlimited?? that's like saying a number bigger than infinity.
    It is total BS but they get away with it with their "fair use" policy. It basically says that you can't be a data hog and ruin the network for everyone else. We all know that AT&T doesn't need help ruining their network, they do a fine job all by themselves LOL
    06-05-2010 08:23 AM
    I don't like this new policy.... hope something better would work out
    06-06-2010 12:53 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD