At&T Service plan

MacPhonev4

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Im going to purchase a new iphone from a friend.

I was wondering if I sign up with att got let says i got one of these multimedia phones such as the Samsung Impression. (atm its 0.01 to purchase a refurb and waived activation fee and free shipping)

and purchased this plan.

Plan: Nation 450 w/Rollover? Minutes $39.99
Services: Messaging & Data Unlimited $30.00

the samsung has access to 3g data.

would I be able to use this on my iphone without getting additonal charges besides taxes at the end of month.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
AT&T will know you are using an iPhone with the incorrect plan the instant you connect to their network. Also the SIM card that will come with the Samsung will not work with the iPhone, you either need to have the one that was originally in the iPhone or get a brand new one from AT&T.

If you do get it working AT&T will start sending you messages that you have an iPhone and an incorrect data plan. After some time they will cut you off until you get the right plan.

Being that you are getting the iPhone from a friend you might as well just save yourself the hassle and set it up correctly. You shouldn't have to sign a contract since you are not getting a discounted phone, where as with that Samsung I'm assuming that's with contract.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
AT&T will know you are using an iPhone with the incorrect plan the instant you connect to their network. Also the SIM card that will come with the Samsung will not work with the iPhone, you either need to have the one that was originally in the iPhone or get a brand new one from AT&T.

If you do get it working AT&T will start sending you messages that you have an iPhone and an incorrect data plan. After some time they will cut you off until you get the right plan.

Being that you are getting the iPhone from a friend you might as well just save yourself the hassle and set it up correctly. You shouldn't have to sign a contract since you are not getting a discounted phone, where as with that Samsung I'm assuming that's with contract.

I can 2nd his answer. I wanted to use my gf's tour for a day because I needed to tether jailbreak my iPhone and there was no PC around. Calls could be made, but no data.

MacPhonev4

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

wait so I can get at&t service for a iPhone without signing a 2 year agreement?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77