iPhone use in NYC

wvy

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Soon i will visit NYC for 7 days :eek:

I have a simmlock-free iPhone and i buy a AT&T Pay As You Go card on ebay to use during my visit.
I still have to activate the card on the AT&T website.

My question is, would it be possible to surf the internet with this PAYG-card or is it to expensive?

What is the best option to call, send & reicive message and surf the internet with this card?

Will this card stay active even when i don't use it for months? I will visiting the US sometime later this year and it would be great to still have use of this card.

Thanks for your help en season greetings from Belgium

Bill

geeanywhere

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
No you can't. Only calls as far as I learned. I used my iphone in hong kong recently and everything was locked except calls.. I might be wrong but you should call the AT&T customer service to verify. Sorry no one else is helping...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

Soon i will visit NYC for 7 days :eek:

I have a simmlock-free iPhone and i buy a AT&T Pay As You Go card on ebay to use during my visit.
I still have to activate the card on the AT&T website.

My question is, would it be possible to surf the internet with this PAYG-card or is it to expensive?

What is the best option to call, send & reicive message and surf the internet with this card?

Will this card stay active even when i don't use it for months? I will visiting the US sometime later this year and it would be great to still have use of this card.

Thanks for your help en season greetings from Belgium

Bill

Hmmm. I used a pay as you go card on my iPhone for a year. I live near NYC and visit there frequently. I did have data.

However, my card was purchased direct from AT&T, specifically for the iPhone, and included a data plan.

To protect themselves from unrecoverable international toll charges, AT&T restricts, by default, international calling. You have to call customer service to enalble it.

While the value is associated with the SIM, it is really stored in the network. I have no reason to believe that it would go away but I used mine too fast to know with confidence.

About the worst thing that can happen to you is that you have to go into an AT&T Store. There are dozens in the City but there are also many franchise stores who cannot help you. Not like Brussels where one can buy SIMs at the kiosk.

Hope this is helpful.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I do not believe at&t will sell a pay as you go card with internet service anymore. the best way to get an answer is to go into a store as mentioned

your best bet is to use wifi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77