So I installed iOS 11 GM and been using CarPlay all day and haven’t had one disconnect. So fingers crossed 🤞it was just a bug in iOS 10 that was causing this issue.
    09-13-2017 08:04 PM
    Phone Does Not Stay Connected To CarPlay Enabled Infotainment System

This issue remains a problem for me and other CarPlay sufferers, even in the current public release iOS11. A common scenario seems to involve some iPhones currently supporting CarPlay (iPhone SE or iPhone 6) connected to a VW or Honda by USB; however, there are other reports of issues using "Kenwood" and Pioneer (8100 NEX) systems.

- Connect the phone to the head unit via USB to Lightning cable
    -- I've used 5 different cables; including the original Apple, 3 different Amazon Basics (MFi approved) and an AudioResearch (AR) (MFi approved)
    - Phone will connect to CarPlay and work properly for several minutes
    - After a random period of time, the infotainment system screen will stop displaying CarPlay information and report "No Phone Connected"
    -- Bluetooth will continue to play music if iTunes was playing
    -- This happened only once on my wife's iPhone 6S+ 128GB in 4 months but every time on my iPhone SE 128GB
    - Apple replaced my iPhone SE with a new handset and the issue still happens
    - I have restored the phone 4 times and the issue still happens
    -- The last time I restored the phone, I set it up 'as a new' with the public release OS11 and did not change any settings or install applications before trying. "CarPlay" reported 'no phone connected'
    - I have performed a soft reset and 'hard' reset of the head unit.
    -- The dealer also performed a hard reset and ensured the firmware was up to date
    - This has been an issue ever since I bought this new car 4 months ago (My first CarPlay unit) and makes "CarPlay" unusable with my iPhone SE.
    10-25-2017 07:56 AM
    Do you have any profiles installed on your phone. This was the problem with mine. I removed the Beta profile and now it works fine.
    11-08-2017 08:00 AM
    update nope still happening
    11-08-2017 12:15 PM
    I have 2018 Honda Fit. Tried three phones 5s, 6s, and 6x plus. The 5s and the 6s work fine. The 6s plus will not connect at all via the USB cable. Bluetooth works fine on all 3. All three are running 11.2.1. The settings are the same on all three phones. I am at my wits end. Since the car and cable work fine with the 5s and 6s it seems to me that the problem has to be with the 6s plus. But I would think that except for the size the 6s and 6s plus are identical. I've restarted and reset the phone multiple times to no avail. I've tried a different cable just in case but that makes no difference. The phone just sits there searching for an "available car". I welcome any ideas or would love to hear that someone else has the same issue.
    12-30-2017 04:13 PM
    I have 2018 Honda Fit. Tried three phones 5s, 6s, and 6x plus. The 5s and the 6s work fine. The 6s plus will not connect at all via the USB cable. Bluetooth works fine on all 3. All three are running 11.2.1. The settings are the same on all three phones. I am at my wits end. Since the car and cable work fine with the 5s and 6s it seems to me that the problem has to be with the 6s plus. But I would think that except for the size the 6s and 6s plus are identical. I've restarted and reset the phone multiple times to no avail. I've tried a different cable just in case but that makes no difference. The phone just sits there searching for an "available car". I welcome any ideas or would love to hear that someone else has the same issue.
    Have to tried connecting the iPhone 6S Plus using a different vehicle to see if it’ll connect properly?
    jeff belli slack likes this.
    12-30-2017 08:09 PM
    No, I have not but that is a good idea. I don't offhand know of anyone else who has a car that supports carplay but I will ask around. I could go to a local dealer, I guess.
    12-31-2017 07:50 AM
    No, I have not but that is a good idea. I don't offhand know of anyone else who has a car that supports carplay but I will ask around. I could go to a local dealer, I guess.
    I would definitely go to a nearby Honda dealer and ask them to let you connect your iPhone to a similar model car to see if it connects like it is suppose to.
    12-31-2017 08:36 AM
    I just bougth an Alpine Ilx-107 with wirles CarPlay and I have the same problem, never tried using the cable.
    01-09-2018 08:03 AM
    I think I know the answer to repeated disconnects by iPhone X to CarPlay (2016 Honda Civic EX). I have this problem on occasion. Apple told me to delete all content and reload. It worked for a considerable period, but this is a lengthy solution. Tonight it disconnected again 6 times or so. I pulled over (so I could play legally) and simply turned off the phone and turned it back on again - while disconnected from CarPlay. I had a subsequent half hour conversation where it works fine. Upon reflection I realised I NEVER turn off my phone. It might be a good idea to turn off and reboot periodically.
    04-16-2018 08:16 PM
    I had a new Sony head unit installed last week.
    I am having the same problems I see through this thread.

Has anyone found the answer?
    I don't see anything listed here other than trying someone else's phone.
    06-24-2018 09:08 PM
61 123