So I installed iOS 11 GM and been using CarPlay all day and haven’t had one disconnect. So fingers crossed 🤞it was just a bug in iOS 10 that was causing this issue.
    09-13-2017 09:04 PM
    Phone Does Not Stay Connected To CarPlay Enabled Infotainment System

This issue remains a problem for me and other CarPlay sufferers, even in the current public release iOS11. A common scenario seems to involve some iPhones currently supporting CarPlay (iPhone SE or iPhone 6) connected to a VW or Honda by USB; however, there are other reports of issues using "Kenwood" and Pioneer (8100 NEX) systems.

- Connect the phone to the head unit via USB to Lightning cable
    -- I've used 5 different cables; including the original Apple, 3 different Amazon Basics (MFi approved) and an AudioResearch (AR) (MFi approved)
    - Phone will connect to CarPlay and work properly for several minutes
    - After a random period of time, the infotainment system screen will stop displaying CarPlay information and report "No Phone Connected"
    -- Bluetooth will continue to play music if iTunes was playing
    -- This happened only once on my wife's iPhone 6S+ 128GB in 4 months but every time on my iPhone SE 128GB
    - Apple replaced my iPhone SE with a new handset and the issue still happens
    - I have restored the phone 4 times and the issue still happens
    -- The last time I restored the phone, I set it up 'as a new' with the public release OS11 and did not change any settings or install applications before trying. "CarPlay" reported 'no phone connected'
    - I have performed a soft reset and 'hard' reset of the head unit.
    -- The dealer also performed a hard reset and ensured the firmware was up to date
    - This has been an issue ever since I bought this new car 4 months ago (My first CarPlay unit) and makes "CarPlay" unusable with my iPhone SE.
    10-25-2017 08:56 AM
    Do you have any profiles installed on your phone. This was the problem with mine. I removed the Beta profile and now it works fine.
    11-08-2017 09:00 AM
    update nope still happening
    11-08-2017 01:15 PM
54 123