[RESOLVED]Why am I getting event invites on my calendar even though I have turned off event invites?

IphoneUser7

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
The event invites seem suspicious. These are such as protect your iPhone from malicious activities, your phone has been hacked or remove infection from your iPhone. This has been going on from past 2-3 weeks. And the invites are increasing everyday.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: [RESOLVED]Why am I getting event invites on my calendar even though I have turned off event invites?

Care to tell us the name of the Calendar this is occurring on as well as whether or not the calendar is an actual app or is web-based?

IphoneUser7

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
Why am I getting event invites on my calendar even though I have turned off event invites?

Care to tell us the name of the Calendar this is occurring on as well as whether or not the calendar is an actual app or is web-based?
The built in iPhone calendar app!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: [RESOLVED]Why am I getting event invites on my calendar even though I have turned off event invites?

The built in iPhone calendar app!!

Since I don’t know your web surfing habits or know what apps or services you’ve given calendar access to, I recommend you restore your iPhone and then set it up as a new device. I’d also keep close watch over app, service and website permissions.

IphoneUser7

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site

Since I don’t know your web surfing habits or know what apps or services you’ve given calendar access to, I recommend you restore your iPhone and then set it up as a new device. I’d also keep close watch over app, service and website permissions.

I am usually a very careful user. I try not to visit websites whose URL seems suspicious or if a website does not have a https(I know these alone are not helpful) but recently I opened a free movie website to stream a movie and such websites usually lead users to several ads before playing a movie and at that time I encountered an ad which was related to the security of a phone. After that I have started getting those invites. Now, I do-not really know if it was that ad or something else as I usually use such websites to watch movies( which probably is not okay) as such a thing has never happened before.
Also thank you for being helpful!

IphoneUser7

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site

I actually am able to delete these invites. I went to the passwords and accounts settings and saw that there was another account other than my iCloud and gmail account which was named SUBSCRIBE. I just deleted that account and the invites are gone. That probably happened because I use a free website to watch movies. Other than that I do-not have any low standard web surfing habits which could lead to such a thing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I actually am able to delete these invites. I went to the passwords and accounts settings and saw that there was another account other than my iCloud and gmail account which was named SUBSCRIBE. I just deleted that account and the invites are gone. That probably happened because I use a free website to watch movies. Other than that I do-not have any low standard web surfing habits which could lead to such a thing.
Awesome. I’m glad you got the matter resolved. Take care...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2