RAM management issues when taking pictures

AshenPaladin1

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone, I've been dealing with some weird RAM management issues lately. iOS 13.3 seemed to fix the well-known aggressive app management that was an issue before, but for a while I've been noticing that all the apps that I have in memory tend to restart whenever I take a picture with the camera.

I've been looking around the internet, and I've seen a few other people mentioning it - but I'm not sure what to do. Is it an iOS 13.3/13.3.1 bug and I should just wait for iOS 13.4 and a fix? Should I factory reset the phone?

Thank you very much in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m unaware of any RAM management issues with iOS 13 and you’re the first person to mention it to the best of recollection. With that being said, I will always recommend you restore and set up as new to possibly fix any issues you may be having with your iOS device.

In the meantime, I hope other respond with their recommendations soon. Take care.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "apps in memory and they restart". How are apps in memory? Regardless, you might try "Reset All Settings" first before restoring.
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

AshenPaladin1

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
There was a big discussion about aggressive RAM management back in October/November, the system was killing background apps very aggressively, it was reported by a lot of people. Those issues were fixed with iOS 13.3, and it worked very well for a while, up until I noticed this particular issue.

I will be trying to restore and set up my phone as new to see if things get fixed though.

AshenPaladin1

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Well, the apps that I have open in the background and that I can access in the App Switcher. Under normal circumstances, if an app is open in the App Switcher, whenever I press it I just continue from where I left, the app remains in memory.

In this particular issue though, all of the apps that I have open restart when I enter them again. Everything works well, the apps stay in memory, but after I take a picture with my camera, entering the apps again causes them to restart.

It also doesn't seem to be an issue on my phone only. I have an iPhone XS Max, and a friend of mine who has an iPhone 11 is dealing with the exact same behavior.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2