can't watch tv shows while offline

I

iMore Question

I recently bought an ipad pro 11 inch and I've updated to iOS 12.3.

I bought the 1 tb version so I could load it up with loads of TV shows and such from itunes for viewing when offline. like when I take a trip to australia from the US and one leg of the flight is like 18 hours long.

what I've noticed though is while the TV app works perfectly and even verifies the content is downloaded, it fails to work when not connected to the internet and just shows a white screen. not even an option for library for content already downloaded.

if I can't watch anything unless I'm online I may as well trade in the ipad for the 64 gig model and just stream everything. except that won't help if I'm in a place with no or unreliable internet connections.

is there a solution to this? has it happened to you? pout your ipad in airplane mode and close the TV app. reopen it and try to watch a TV show you bought and downloaded to the ipad. thanks!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Just a few weeks ago, I was staying at a place that I anticipated having no WiFi, so I downloaded a couple of shows from Netflix, but when I went to watch them, I couldn't seem to access them I was so disappointed, but in reality, it was probably a pebcac error!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’m not sure why this is happening but I don’t download my movies I load them to iTunes and drop them on my phone for offline viewing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2