Email App with Read Receipts

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Is there an iPhone app for corporate email that has a read receipt option? I need to know if recipients have read my corporate email. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. Having said that, I am under the impression that read receipts via email is dependent upon the reader.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. Having said that, I am under the impression that read receipts via email is dependent upon the reader.
On Android Touchdown does it. A reader may be asked to click read. Our system doesn't normally it is automatic but I don't mind it if reader is required to click read. Touchdown does it in Android but the Touchdown app was recently withdrawn and will no longer be supported.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You are correct. I can set my Outlook to not send read request receipts.
Let's assume person cannot set no read receipts. What I want is an app capable of giving me read receipts on the iPhone assuming recipient agrees. OK? Now do you know of such an app?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How about an app called MailTracker? Does it work?

I don’t know, but, when you read the description in the App Store under the “Who’s it for” section, it clearly states, “Anyone sending emails from iOS Mail App”.

Does that mean the native Mail app on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices only?

If so, what if someone uses a 3rd-party Mail app?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Let's assume person cannot set no read receipts. What I want is an app capable of giving me read receipts on the iPhone assuming recipient agrees. OK? Now do you know of such an app?

Unfortunately I believe what you are looking for is a feature that Microsoft put in their Office for Windows program that works directly with Exchange (including Office 365) servers. The only two softwares that I've seen this available has been Outlook for Windows and Mac.

For example, this is a test email from my work (Office 365/Exchange) to my Gmail address:
Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 8.50.28 AM.png
Since Gmail isn't run on Exchange, that feature isn't available.

So unless Micro$oft allows it, you
are probably not going to find what you are looking for because it may not exist.

Funny thing is, I don't see this in the Outlook app either. :-(

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I believe what you are looking for is a feature that Microsoft put in their Office for Windows program that works directly with Exchange (including Office 365) servers. The only two softwares that I've seen this available has been Outlook for Windows and Mac.

For example, this is a test email from my work (Office 365/Exchange) to my Gmail address:
View attachment 124850
Since Gmail isn't run on Exchange, that feature isn't available.

So unless Micro$oft allows it, you
are probably not going to find what you are looking for because it may not exist.

Funny thing is, I don't see this in the Outlook app either. :-(
I'm only concerned about corporate email. Very few in the organization have access to true Outlook. They all use OWA. All I care about is getting read receipts as I always have gotten in the old Touchdown app when I send them in email from my iPhone. I only care about Microsoft to Microsoft email. I don't need gmail reciepts. I DO need read receipts. Delivery receipts are useless. Can someone help me with how to do this? I would also like senders to me to get read receipts if they request them (almost nobody knows how since they all use the web version.) I don't care if it is a separate email app or within Apple mail. Am I being clear?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm only concerned about corporate email. Very few in the organization have access to true Outlook. They all use OWA. All I care about is getting read receipts as I always have gotten in the old Touchdown app when I send them in email from my iPhone. I only care about Microsoft to Microsoft email. I don't need gmail reciepts. I DO need read receipts. Delivery receipts are useless. Can someone help me with how to do this? I would also like senders to me to get read receipts if they request them (almost nobody knows how since they all use the web version.) I don't care if it is a separate email app or within Apple mail. Am I being clear?

Crystal clear.

Now let me be just as clear:
What you are looking for doesn't exist.

Have a nice day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77