• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How to hide PHOTO from showing in the notification preview of WhatsApp on the lock screen?

AUDEASHANTI

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I've managed to hide text content in the notification on the lock screen for WhatsApp and at the same time I can know the name of the sender, but the PHOTO content keeps appearing on the lock screen and I want to keep it private.
Moreover I've noticed that anybody can open the photo from the lock screen without the digital print!
My goal is to receive the notification with the name of the sender, and without any text nor photo content.
Thanks for your help,

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well if you're wanting to do all that, you might as well either (a) turn the app notifications completely off and manually check, or (2) get an Apple Watch and have all notifications on the watch only.

This is, of course, assuming you're using an iPhone.

AUDEASHANTI

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
Yes, thanks, I did try that. The thing is I could receive the notification with the name only, and no messages nor photo content, before I downloaded the new version IOS 12.. now it seems that we can not do that anymore. Just checking with you people. Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman