How to reinstall an already installed iOS?

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
I have an issue with the way DND is working and the Apple store told me I need to reinstall iOS 12, which is already installed.

I can't find any details online as all the searches talk about downgrading from beta iOS 12 to 11.4 etc.

Anyone have a procedure so doing an iOS12 to iOS12 install?

Thanks

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. What phone are you using? Depending on that you have to press a sequence of different switches on your phone to put in into the so called DFUE mode. In the DFUE mode iTunes deletes your iPhone and run a clean installation of the latest official software available for your iPhone.

See this link for the DFUE mode (at the end of the article):

https://www.imore.com/ios-12-installation-troubleshooting-guide

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. What phone are you using? Depending on that you have to press a sequence of different switches on your phone to put in into the so called DFUE mode. In the DFUE mode iTunes deletes your iPhone and run a clean installation of the latest official software available for your iPhone.

See this link for the DFUE mode (at the end of the article):

https://www.imore.com/ios-12-installation-troubleshooting-guide

iPhone 7 Plus

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
OK, I followed the directions and did the more aggressive "restore" function. Unfortunately, that didn't fix my DND problem and it also made me do all the iTouch setup all over again as well as Siri. I guess those items are included in the iTunes backup.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue with the way DND is working and the Apple store told me I need to reinstall iOS 12, which is already installed.

I can't find any details online as all the searches talk about downgrading from beta iOS 12 to 11.4 etc.

Anyone have a procedure so doing an iOS12 to iOS12 install?

Thanks

What specific issue are you having with the way DND is working?

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
What specific issue are you having with the way DND is working?

I have another thread going on that, but I keep getting told that, given my settings, when I have DND on I should still get calls from my contact list when the phone is locked (i.e., screen not on, but phone still on); however, when I turn on DND all calls go straight to voicemail when the phone is locked.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have another thread going on that, but I keep getting told that, given my settings, when I have DND on I should still get calls from my contact list when the phone is locked (i.e., screen not on, but phone still on); however, when I turn on DND all calls go straight to voicemail when the phone is locked.

If you only want specific people to be able to reach you when DND is enabled, enable the “emergency Bypass” option within the native Contacts app.

IMG_0035.JPG

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is on a contact-by-contact basis. I am trying to allow all 5,500 of my customers the ability to get to me while screening out all the garbage phone calls I get all day long. With VOIP, the scum bags have their computer auto generate a new phone number every time they call...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is on a contact-by-contact basis. I am trying to allow all 5,500 of my customers the ability to get to me while screening out all the garbage phone calls I get all day long. With VOIP, the scum bags have their computer auto generate a new phone number every time they call...

Go to settings > do not disturb > allow calls from..then choose all contacts

c53501476bc7a4d4195dce1c9f75e4c8.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2