How do I edit and then save a document that resides on iCloud drive?

I

iMore Question

I mostly work from a PC. I recently moved all my files -- mostly Word and Excel documents -- to iCloud Drive. When I click on a file to open it, e.g. a Word document, it downloads to my laptop and opens in Word. If I then edit the document and go to save the changes, the default is to save it in Downloads on my PC.

What is the easiest way to save the revised document on iCloud Drive, replacing the old version?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!!!

I'm not sure if this is the easiest way, but I download the document to be edited, make the changes in Word or Excel, and then save as. I modify the name of the document, and upload it back to my iCloud account. I dislike having different variations of the same document, so I usually delete the previous editions. This is not idea, I know, but it works for me! I'll be interested to see if anyone else posts a better solution!

Also, please consider signing up for iMore. Here's how. And, when you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Greetings and salutations.

I'm also using a Windoze machine at work but I have the iCloud Drive software installed so I can access my iCloud Drive files. If I click on an Excel file from iCloud Drive, it opens in Excel, and I make whatever changes I make and then hit save. Works great.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77