How can I transfer Live photos from iphone to Macbook using wifi instead of Icloud?

mizzoumom01

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
I keep all photos stored on my Macbook rather than the Cloud, and when my photo stream automatically downloads from my devices over wifi, all the live photos are only stills. How to download all my Live photos as Live on my Macbook? Or are they Live and I don't know how to view them as Live? It is hard to be 50+ and keep up with all the technology!

B_Ross

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
That's strange because I am able to open livephotos from my devices on my MBP.

From what I can assume, it is likely related to the version of your Photos for Mac application. Keep in mind, Live photos is a format similar to gif that attaches a series of pictures. But this is specific to Apple photo apps and they need to be recent enough to support the format. Is it possible that the MacOS is not a new version?

mizzoumom01

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
all versions of software are up to date. Even did an itunes backup to see if that would help, but made no difference. The phots are Live on iphone, but static on Mac. Is there a special way to open or see the Live photos on the MBP?

mizzoumom01

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
In Photos, under "image" on task bar, there is an option "turn on Live Photo" but it is gray. How to make this a live option, and how do I use that at the default?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77