why do I get a different avatar on in coming calls?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It might happen if some contacts are iCloud contacts, while others are Gmail or Google contacts. Like Tartarus said, try deleting the avatar, then add it in manually. Not synced in from anywhere.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Either it fills whole screen or its only a bubble

It depends on how the photo was added to a contact. There's two ways you can add a photo to a contact.

1; go into the contact itself and edit it and add the photo from there.

2; Going in to the Photos app and tapping on a picture then hitting the up arrow in the box and adding it to a contact from there.

I cannot remember which is which, but one way adds the full screen photo for an incoming call and one way adds just a circular avatar.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It depends on how the photo was added to a contact. There's two ways you can add a photo to a contact.

1; go into the contact itself and edit it and add the photo from there.

2; Going in to the Photos app and tapping on a picture then hitting the up arrow in the box and adding it to a contact from there.

I cannot remember which is which, but one way adds the full screen photo for an incoming call and one way adds just a circular avatar.

I've never done it through the photos app at all. But have had them show both full screen and thumbnail size.