Does the HomePod have a 3.5mm headphone jack or AUX in?

I

iMore Question

Considering picking up two of these, but would like to know if there's a 3.5mm headphone jack or AUX in?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
According to [URL="https://www.apple.com/shop/question/answers/homepod/does-the-homepod-have-a-35mm-input-jack/QATCXAXXHCTHDPPKK#mn_p]this page on Apple's site[/URL], there is no jack.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not taking the OP’s question seriously. Who’s going to go out and spend $700 on two speakers without having done some form of research on what he or she is buying? Almost every popular tech blog either has photos, videos or both of the HomePod readily available for viewing. I’m sure a lot of people will spend that kind of money just to be tethered with a pair of wired headphones to a smart speaker that allegedly fills a room with phenomenal sound....Nope. Not happening!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You can AirPlay it to the HomePod, no need to include an outdated auxiliary port to such a post modern device.

Outdated? Has audio quality over wireless caught up to that of a wired connection? Just because Apple said it was outdated doesn’t mean it is.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Outdated? Has audio quality over wireless caught up to that of a wired connection? Just because Apple said it was outdated doesn’t mean it is.

Yes. The analogue 3.5mm jack is outdated in my personal opinion. HDMI, for example is not outdated.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes. The analogue 3.5mm jack is outdated in my personal opinion. HDMI, for example is not outdated.

I only use wireless headphones while working out. AFAIK Bluetooth audio quality doesn’t equal or surpass wired audio. Audio quality is important to me so I use wired audio when possible. Everyone’s preferences are different and I know the convenience of wireless is more important than sound quality to many.

As far as the HomePod though, it’s a convenience device. A audio input jack might affect aesthetics so it’s missing.