Where have my Facebook albums gone?

sleepwalkeremmaw

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi, hoping someone can help please..
I have an Apple iPad Mini, and I use the Facebook app on it.
A couple of days ago I noticed that about 15 of my albums on FB had randomly disappeared. They were definitely there the day before. This happened around the time the FB app updated.
If I view FB through my phone or through Safari on the iPad they are all there but not if I use the app - which I much prefer using!
My partner had read you could restore the app to a previous version but said he hadn't been able to do it.
Of course I reported it to FB but got the usual unhelpful automated response.
Are the photos likely to reappear? Anyone else had this happen?
Thanks in advance!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I wish I had a solution for you. All I can tell you is that the tablet app version of Facebook has a lot of issues that I wish they would fix. Along with what you've mentioned, there is also the fact that you cannot access files in Facebook groups on an Apple tablet using the Facebook app. You can on an iPhone, but not an iPad. This has been going on for more than a year now and they haven't even acknowledged that there's a problem.

sleepwalkeremmaw

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.
Ledsteplin - I know how to access the photo albums, and I can see some if them, the issue is that at least 15 of them have disappeared 😕 I can still see them is I log into FB through my phone or Safari but not the FB app on the iPad. The photo albums were all visible until an app update a couple of days ago.

sleepwalkeremmaw

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Sherry-B. To be honest I've always got on OK with the FB app on the iPad until this issue. I refer to my photo albums a lot so I noticed straight away that loads if them has disappeared. They definitely weren't deleted as I can see them if I use FB on my phone! FB have been no help whatsoever. My partner is going to call Apple to see if they can help but I do t hold out much hope. It seems these updates sometimes do more harm than good 😕

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Sherry-B. To be honest I've always got on OK with the FB app on the iPad until this issue. I refer to my photo albums a lot so I noticed straight away that loads if them has disappeared. They definitely weren't deleted as I can see them if I use FB on my phone! FB have been no help whatsoever. My partner is going to call Apple to see if they can help but I do t hold out much hope. It seems these updates sometimes do more harm than good ������

You're most welcome!

I doubt Apple can do anything since they technically don't have that type of control over the FB app. The FB app developers are who you would need to contact, if at all possible. (Is that who you contacted?)

Let us know if anything changes.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The Facebook app can be aggravating at times! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Sometimes that seems to fix things that aren't working! Good luck and by the way, welcome to iMore!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.
Ledsteplin - I know how to access the photo albums, and I can see some if them, the issue is that at least 15 of them have disappeared I can still see them is I log into FB through my phone or Safari but not the FB app on the iPad. The photo albums were all visible until an app update a couple of days ago.

Did you try deleting the app, then reinstall it, as Annie suggested?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77