My iphone 6s screen dosent rotate. HELP!

I

iMore Question

I have a problem with my iphone, the screen can not be rotated unless i use assisitive touch. I have tried calibarteing and the compass which don't even move (both stuck). I don't have portrait lock on i have turned it off, i have tried hard resets(haven't worked). The health app hasen't counted steps since 13th August, which is at the time when the screen rotation stopped working. Can the problem be because of the sensors, can they be repaired?
My iphone has 64gb and the latest update of IOS 11.1.2

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
First thing I would do is a full backup of the device then wipe it and set it up as new. See if the sensors work. If they do then restore from your backup and see if they still work. If they do not then it might be something you have installed or some other conflict. In which case wipe it again and set it up as new and install things one at a time and verify things are still good.

If you wiped it the first time and set it up as new and the sensors still did not function you likely have a defective device and you will need to make a genius bar appointment to have it looked at/repaired.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77