How are you liking iCloud Desktop and Documents?

joenspa

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I haven't switched on iCloud Desktop or Documents because I wasn't sure about the whole iCloud experience. For example I'm not thrilled how using Apple Music wipes all the music of my devices until I go and re download it all again.
So now that it's been out awhile are you folks happy with the way it works? Is it seamless? Any regrets? Any issues if you aren't on the internet? That odes happen to me a far bit still. Opinions are much appreciated.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I didn't care for iCloud Desktop or iCloud Documents, so I don't use them.

I pay for iCloud music and have never lost any of my personal music (music I ripped from my own music CD's using DBPower Amp) from any of my devices. That would annoy me having to upload 4.5k worth of music to my phone all the time.

If you keep losing your music it makes me wonder if you don't have your iTunes settings set up all wonky.

joenspa

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I've only lost music twice. Once a few years back, I don't remember what the service was called or maybe it was just the iTunes Match, but anyway the first time I set it up it tried to move everything to the cloud. Problem was I was a recording engineer and had a lot of unreleased stuff in my library. I had backups but it still wiped stuff out or replaced it with completely wrong stuff. It was a hassle to load back up.
I like Apple Music for the playlists and radio but I do not understand why they have to take away control of the music on my phone and iPad.
Based on what you said though I think I will hold off on Documents and Desktop in the cloud for now. Thanks.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I like iCloud desktop and documents. I put stuff on my desktop and as soon as it is uploaded it is available on my iPhone. I can watch videos and movies ,on my iPhone, I download like this. Not to mention if I needed a copy of my resume or some document I have on the desktop it is there in the cloud just in case I need it, not taking up storage on my iPhone.

I would say give it a shot, you might like it too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll