(ask) ios11 : iMessage to icloud / NFC

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Wanna ask something regarding ios11
1. iMessage to icloud => with iOS 11, our imessage should be backed up to icloud right ? why can't I find any setting or option regarding this on icloud menu ?

2. NFC, any new NFC feature with iOS 11 ?

thx

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Wanna ask something regarding ios11
1. iMessage to icloud => with iOS 11, our imessage should be backed up to icloud right ? why can't I find any setting or option regarding this on icloud menu ?
That option used to be there in previous betas was removed later.
Apple will include it later in a future update.

2. NFC, any new NFC feature with iOS 11 ?

thx

Nope.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Strictly speaking yes there is. You can now add HomeKit accessories to the Home app with NFC once manufacturers start to implement it.... how useful that is to people is another question altogether

Ah okay. But nfc as a means to pay is still exclusive to Apple Pay, which is what my answer was based on.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
They still automatically back up to iCloud, though.

They don't automatically back up, I don't believe. Users must enable iCloud backups and messages backup when our devices are connected to WiFi and a charger. In that sense, it's automatic. But it does require some user intervention. And it's not really a backing up of messages as much of a backup of your entire phone. For example, if I delete my messages right now, after my phone backs up tonight, those messages are gone.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I’m confused, so the imessages will be backed up in default (with no option setting on and off) ?

And for nfc, payment nfc is what I meant. Too bad still no :(

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
iMessages (and texts) will be backed up as part of your overall phone iCloud backup or backed up to your computer if you do it that way.
This means when you restore from said backup you’ll get all the messages you had on your phone at that moment in time.

iMessage in ICloud where they are sent to the cloud ‘on the fly’ was removed in beta 5 as @Tartarus said.
When this is released in the future your messages will be saved separate to backup in the same way contacts or notes are so you won’t lose any if you’ve not backed up the phone in a while

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77