If I transfer all my photos etc to my iCloud Drive will that free up memory?

I

iMore Question

If I transferred all my photos to my iCloud Drive would that give me more memory to take more photos, instead of saying memory full? Also how do I transfer them all at once? It's showing that I have 1 video and 1 pic in iCloud Drive app which I had to transfer manually one at a time. Help?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

If you enable iCloud Photo Library, make sure to choose the Optimize Storage option so it will offload photos/videos to the cloud. They'll still show up only our phone but will need to download in order to view. iOS will maintain the storage as needed.

One word of caution is don't delete any photos "because they're in the cloud". This will delete them on all devices.

Good luck! If you have any other questions, register and respond here.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Exactly what @robertk328 said. Also keep in mind that iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library are not the same thing. iCloud Drive is just that, a storage "drive" within iCloud. It's normally used for documents and other important stuff. Transferring pictures and videos there could be quite tedious because it would have to be done manually. iCloud Photo Library would be much easier because it handles things intelligently for you. More info, as well as setup help, can be found here: http://m.imore.com/how-enable-icloud-photo-library-iphone-and-ipad

How to Sign Up at iMore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2