App To Convert To MP3

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I've been trying to find some app that I could install on my iPad or iPhone that will allow me to take wave files (Or other audio types) and convert them to mp3 files. I'm looking to compress audio files, but they must be in mp3 format in the end.

Any ideas?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had the need to do this, so far.
I hope somebody with more experience and knowledge will come around and help you out.
Good luck.

craig5555

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I haven't been able to find any apps for this with good results and reviews. I think you should download iTunes on a computer, plug in the device, convert the files to mp3 on the computer and drag them back to the device on iTunes. If you have any trouble with this, feel free to ask me and I'll give your further help.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe this is a possibility on our mobile devices. I think you'll need to do this on a computer then transfer the file to your phone.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I recall that some years ago we were able to convert files to mp3 or AAC on iTunes was it?
Yeah I don't think we can do that on iOS devices either.

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all of your input. I'm trying to avoid using my PC at all. I primarily use my iPad Pro and iPhone 6s Plus. I was hoping I didn't have to open up my Surface Pro at all. A good 90+ % of work is now done on my iPad Pro.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I switched the best answer since you are looking for an app here! :) That one DOES look promising! :)

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey pkcable, it doesn't appear to mention anything about converting audio files...So, I'm not sure that really is the answer. Although, I have to say that-that app looks pretty interesting & I just might get it for other things.

If I'm missing something with that app...Like I totally missed how it can convert, please let me know!! Sometimes the answers are so obvious, you don't see it

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
OK everyone...The Work Flow app is amazing. Yes, it did do the job of converting an audio file to MP3.
:cool::yes: Awesome

Thanks for all the help — Especially trw1602

Last edited: