Notification Center suddenly disappearing...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For the second time in three days, when I swipe down (from the home screen) to check notifications, my notification center seems to have disappeared. Instead, when I swipe down, my spotlight search screen appears, just like it does when I swipe right (from the home screen).

Both times a soft restart seems to fix the issue. I've submitted feedback to Apple. I'm also curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this odd occurrence?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What device and iOS version are you using? I haven't experienced anything like that, but having said that, you can try going to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that fixes the problem.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6s. If it starts happening a lot or if a soft restart doesn't fix it, I'll do a reset. Thanks!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
OK, this thread is a little outdated, but I discovered late last night that the problem was with me! My husband refers to it as a PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair) error. So, since I started this thread, and it's still hanging out there, I thought I'd better share what I've learned.

My notification center never really disappeared! When I swiped down, I saw my "Today View" screen. All I needed to do was to swipe left and was then taken to my notification screen! End of story!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
OK, this thread is a little outdated, but I discovered late last night that the problem was with me! My husband refers to it as a PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair) error. So, since I started this thread, and it's still hanging out there, I thought I'd better share what I've learned.

My notification center never really disappeared! When I swiped down, I saw my "Today View" screen. All I needed to do was to swipe left and was then taken to my notification screen! End of story!

Correct, there are 2 views you can toggle (switch between) after a swipe down. Believe it or not it actually confused me the first time too! I believe it came in either iOS 7 or 8. :)

You got your OWN "best answer" on this one! lol

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Correct, there are 2 views you can toggle (switch between) after a swipe down. Believe it or not it actually confused me the first time too! I believe it came in either iOS 7 or 8. :)

You got your OWN "best answer" on this one! lol

LOL, why thank you!!!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77