Why Does Everyone hate on the Magic mouse ....

I

iMore Question

I think its the best mouse and is very important for the mac
design language and user experience .

My point is that that is why there is no touch screen mac.
I know that my experience is different due to the fact i use
BetterTouchTool customizations
For example if i want to switch tabs in safari its a tip tap on the mouse, if i want to page up or down its just a tap, close tab two finger swipe down preview a link 3 finger tap get notification center is a tap above the apple logo ...ect etc

It works just like touching the screen but you touch the mouse ...so when people say they don't use it i don't think there getting the user experience or design language that apple is counting on.

what are your thoughts on the magic mouse or this issue ?
I will include all my BTT presets tell me what you think or if you have any you really like that i missed

Thanks,
Amen

BetterTouchTool Gestures:

Safari
1 Finger Tap Left - Page Down
1 Finger Tap Right - Page Up
TipTap Left (1 Finger Fix) - ⌘⇧←
TipTap Right (1 Finger Fix) - ⌘⇧→
2 Finger Swipe Down - ⌘W
2 Finger Swipe Up - ⌘⇧\
3 Finger Tap - Lookup Word Under Cursor

Magic Mouse: Global

Modifiers Gesture Action / Shortcut Notes
2 Finger Swipe Down - Mission Control
2 Finger Double-Tap - Show Desktop
1 Finger Tap Middle - Open Launchpad
1 Finger Tap Above Apple - Show Notification Center

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I love the magic mouse. I use it on both my iMac's and could not do without it. Some people just can't get use to them. And I can understand why. They are not for everyone. Some people swear by the trackpad but I can't use one. I don't use BTT. But then again I don't need too. I use my magic mouse for my design work and it does a great job for my needs. I am also a firm believer in keyboard shortcuts. I know virtually all of them off the top of my head. Been using the Mac for many many years.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.com! Please join the site so you can post a response. It's easy, here's how...
http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/293812-guide-how-sign-up-imore.html

I love the Magic Mouse also AND the trackpad on my MacBook (and the one that was one my MBP before it) THAT being said I actually would not mind and would like to see a touch screen on Mac laptops, the MacBook and MBP line. It's NOT a deal breaker for me, BUT it would add to the utility of the devices. It's NOT like they don't know touch screen as they have them in the phones and iPads! lol BUT like I said I will still buy, even without. Still on the fence about the touchbar. Kinda like it, but not sure if it's worth the price premium. Think I will stick with my iMac 27 and MacBook 12 inch combo at this time. :) (And my 12 inch IS 2nd gen)

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't like the Magic Mouse, not the 1st gen (in use with my iMac) or gen 2, rechargeable battery.
For almost anything I use a more ergonomic mouse: Logitech Anywhere2.
It is also rechargeable, Bluetooth, and own dongle USB wireless. Can be paired to 3 devices and has a switch at the bottom to switch between computers.

MM is quite small and not comfortable if you have big hands.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2