I have I Cloud of 200 GB. Will all my photos back up there if I delete them from my phone.

I

iMore Question

I don't want to loose my photos, but they are blocking my phone from working properly and I have 7,000 photos. can I delete many of them from the phone without loosing them from my Mac Pro? I have a Iphone 5C, a mini-ipads and a Mac Pro. If I delete the photos from my iphone, (which will not take any more photos) will I loose all my photos or are they backed up with the I cloud i have (200 GB) My phone says I have 180 GB available. Can you please help me. This is very frustrating...

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, please take a moment to join the forum so you can answer any questions you get asked.

First thing to check is that you are set for optimising storage.
Settings > Photos and Camera

This should auto remove them from your phone whilst keeping them in iCloud.

Secondly... if photos are that important you should be backing them up elsewhere anyway.

Google offered unlimited photo storage space and a pretty decent app

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This should auto remove them from your phone whilst keeping them in iCloud.
No! It doesn't delete them from the phone. You will still see them in your camera roll and respective albums, if this was already the case.

The only difference will be that the actual photos will be replaced by thumbnails, thus taking less space. In order to view the photos in full resolution you will have to be on wifi or cellular data.

Here is a blog about iCloud Photo Library from iMore: http://m.imore.com/how-free-space-your-iphone-or-ipad-icloud-photo-library

Secondly... if photos are that important you should be backing them up elsewhere anyway.
Good advice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2