Good Reason to Switch from Windows to a Mac

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been going back & forth on the topic of should I leave a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 & go to some type of Mac computer. My Surface is a great piece of hardware, one of the best out there. I don't love Windows 10 much anymore. I wanted something more touch oriented, but without the forced updates & other stuff associated with Windows. Windows 10 is powerful & can do a lot. I recently got an IPad Pro 9.7" & am using it as my daily driver as they say.

As the new Mac computers are supposedly coming out, I've been considering should I switch out my Surface for a Macbook of some type. I still want something portable, but with good battery life & a solid OS. Honestly, security issues aren't really an issue anymore for me with Windows 10, less vulnerable now.

I'm wanting to hear good reasons why to switch to a Mac computer. I already use iPhone 6s+ and that wonderful IPad Pro. I haven't used Macs very much, so I don't know much of the real benefits...If any nowadays.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
You will like the ease of all the apple devices that stay in sync, and handoff. Switching between devices is very nice.

Also I find macOs a lot quicker to work with, programs start faster, specially if you use spotlight to start them instead of clicking on the icon. And I notice pc's feeling slow after a year orso, but the macbook I use for over two years still feels quick.

You have to get used to it, for a bit. Took me maybe a week orso, but once you get used to the trackpad and gestures you find Windows to be pretty oldfashioned with how you use the touchpad on those laptops.

An not to forget the multiple desktops you can use :)

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The best reason I can think of is that you have both OS Mac OS and Windows OS in the same solid hardware either by virtualization or by boot camping. With Mac OS, your iDevices will better interact and integrate, you claim to not worry about security, but anyway, by going Mac OS, you will nevertheless gain security and powerful files encryption if you want to activate it. The battery performance is great with normal usage and one good thing I love about Mac is that it hardly hang or freez to the point you will need to reboot, in fact I never really power off my MacBook in a year time, unless an update require that or an app such as CAD seriously misbehaving, and the Mac OS is always snappy fast with most of my apps always in stand by ready to be use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2