Touch screen locks up

indio24

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys and gals

I have the iPhone 7 plus and lately the screen has been locking up on me while in apps. The screen will not respond so I have to hit the home button to exit the apps and then the screen begins to work again. Another thing that happens is when attaching a photo to a text message the screen goes black for a second then goes to the lock screen where I have to sign back into my phone. Anyone having similar issues? I'm on iOS 10.0.2. Now this doesn't happen every time but has happen a couple of times already.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, not to this point. Have you tried rebooting your iPhone to see if that fixes the problem? If not, you should consider restoring your device and possible setting it up as new.

indio24

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have. At first I thought maybe it was just that one app, but it has happen when using different apps including safari.

Hussein Najee

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Ambassador Team Leader: I have same problem. I get frozen and cannot go back when I press the back arrow. Just doesn't respond. In many, WhatsApp and even in Doc files. Very frustrating. As you said I have to reboot all the time. Very frustrating. Please assist Ambassador Team Leader