Trackpad on Apple TV 4 Remote Not Responsive

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Apple TV 4 since it came out last year and I love it. I really enjoy the remote, too, but suddenly the touch sensitive part is no longer as responsive as it used to be. I charged it overnight and it's still not working like it should. I have the most up to date software installed.

If I lightly glide my finger across it, like I always would before, it doesn't do anything. If I press with a bit more pressure, it will move, but usually jumps pretty far rather than moving one step at a time. Then I try to move it back and it jumps. It's basically unusable.

Its home is on my sofa and it has never fallen or anything like that.

Has this happened to anyone else? Are they any fixes??

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an issue with mine. You might want to try restarting your AppleTV by holding down the Menu and Home buttons until the LED on AppleTV starts to flash. If that doesn't help try resetting it back to factory defaults (Settings > System > Reset). If you're still experiencing issues at that point it's probably a hardware issue with the remote. Since the new AppleTV has been out less than a year it's still under warranty. Contact Apple Support or bring the unit and remote into an Apple Store for service.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2