Cannot find back up on iCloud!

I

iMore Question

So before someone links me to another thread that doesn't answer my question, let me give you all a backstory:

Last week the LCD in my phone ****ed up, though at the time I didn't not know it was the LCD. I thought maybe doing a reset would solve it all and after doing it twice (because once it not enough), I eventually found the problem. Earlier this week I received my phone from the shop and had to restore it. After taking two hours getting into the Cloud, I was confused. There were back ups for my father's phone, and our family iPad but none of my own.

Just for the sake of clarity, I know I had backed up. Earlier this month my father accidentally resetted his phone and while I was helping him I saw back ups from my own individual phone.

I've called Apple about four times now and each did not help. I've had to set it up as a new phone and could retrieve an 1/8 of my stuff tied to my google account. Now, before I lost all hope, there was one thing that has been bothering me. It still has pages from my old back up opened on Safari. Could this be a glitch? Or a sign of hope? I just need closure if my personal stuff I gone forever or not.

Also, last tidbit: I have tried iTunes. It, for whatever reason, only has a backup for this phone which has NOT been backed.

I am currently in use of an iPhone 4, with IOS 7. I've tried to update the software but it says it's up to date.

Any ideas, guys?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On your current device, go to Settings → General → Storage & iCloud Usage → iCloud → Manage Storage, and then tap on the listings under "Backups". That *should* give you access to whatever iCloud backup that's available under the associated iCloud ID.

Kelcey Francis

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
On your current device, go to Settings → General → Storage & iCloud Usage → iCloud → Manage Storage, and then tap on the listings under "Backups". That *should* give you access to whatever iCloud backup that's available under the associated iCloud ID.

So I gave it a shot and didn't find anything? Like it has all back ups excluding my own personal.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I gave it a shot and didn't find anything? Like it has all back ups excluding my own personal.

I cannot understand how you see other backups but not your own on your own device that you're logged in via your own Apple / iCloud ID. It's as if you're using someone else's credentials on your own device.

Kelcey Francis

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I cannot understand how you see other backups but not your own on your own device that you're logged in via your own Apple / iCloud ID. It's as if you're using someone else's credentials on your own device.

I currently share the account with my father and the family iPad which has been in my possession. He has his back ups, the iPad has its, and I have/had my own. I don't understand why I am not seeing my backups either.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I currently share the account with my father and the family iPad which has been in my possession. He has his back ups, the iPad has its, and I have/had my own. I don't understand why I am not seeing my backups either.

I recommend contacting Apple Support or going into an Apple Store. We can't access your device iCloud account here to see what they look like and your backups should be there.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you're sharing the "account" on the one device, then whatever backup is made should be for the both of you since there isn't any computer-like login for the iPad. My apologies if I'm totally misunderstanding your post.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Seems you all would be better off not sharing the same account. Each device should have it's own iCloud account. You could still share the iTunes ID for purchases. But use separate iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2