Is there a driving mode app for iPhone with adequate features?

I

iMore Question

I've just given up my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge for an iPhone 6s Plus. This is a great phone, but there is a glaring short coming. I'm in the car a lot and messaging app on my Galaxy had a setting to choose which bluetooth connection was my car. It had an option to send an automated text message reply when connected to my car.
I can tell you friends and clients loved this feature. They were informed that I wasn't available to text, why, and were given an expectation of when they would hear from me.
Is there nothing like this for my iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I enter crank my car, my iPhone will automatically connect to my car's hands-free system via Bluetooth. As for an option to send automated text replies, sure there is. Go to Settings→ Phone→ Respond with Text, and then create your automated replies.

FredBassett

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Recently moved to IOS from Android and dismayed at the lack of any decent app it would seem to use in the car as a dash/driving app.
Was looking for one where i could add shortcuts to a few apps like a radio app, settings, maps etc.
Looking at DriveBoxHD at the moment but none i've looked at today are anything like the Android ones.. unless someone knows a good one.

Any help much appreciated

d5omino

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys - im an android user but my family uses ios...i looked much like you guys have for an app as well and then i came across what i think is the reason there is no "apple" app or functionality cooked into the os...apple created "carplay" which is very similiar to android auto in that they both provide integration points between your auto sound system and your phone...however apple being apple has done this by developing partnerships with oems of car stereos ...much like google has in android auto with the difference bsing apple gets a cut of every headunit made with carplay features cooked in..inpractice this nixes any desire on apples's part to develep an app or free function... thats in line with apple's mo historically as sell..that's yet another reason i really dislike ios and apple as a whole...i really dont like the gun to my head feeling... f apple! much rather get in bed with google...

PManesh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drive-mode-car-dashboard-os/id1027623937?ls=1&mt=8[/URL]This is by far the best option, I use it every day and it's stunning:

Drive Mode - Car Dashboard OS
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drive-mode-car-dashboard-os/id1027623937?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Screenshot 2018-01-30 22.49.46.png

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2