After the iOS 9.1 update, why am I unable to search contacts from the contacts app?

I

iMore Question

I don't know if this is a settings issue because all my contacts are in the app but I am not able to find them when typed in the app's search bar.

Thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: After the ios 9.1 update I am no longer able to search contacts from the contacts app.

Welcome to iMore! Try doing a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo. If that doesn't work try restoring your device. I recommend setting your iPhone up as a new device as it provides the cleanest installation but you might be able to get away with restoring a previous iCloud or iTunes backup.

MJP 1911

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: After the ios 9.1 update I am no longer able to search contacts from the contacts app.

I am experiencing the same issue and the soft reset does not help.

MJP 1911

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

I contacted apple support via the Chat interface and they did not have a solution. A ticket was opened. I suggest if anyone else is having this issue they also open a ticket so it get resolved. It seems the spotlight search function still works to search the contacts so that is a work-around that can be used.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I contacted apple support via the Chat interface and they did not have a solution. A ticket was opened. I suggest if anyone else is having this issue they also open a ticket so it get resolved. It seems the spotlight search function still works to search the contacts so that is a work-around that can be used.

You might try going to contacts > Groups > uncheck groups > check back

This has helped others with this issue.

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
After the ios 9.1 update I am no longer able to search contacts from the cont...

Tick the button to enable. You have to reboot your phone first so everything goes fine.

1cafe2810ddb207f77f16f4f4cd60ba2.jpg

Logeswaran Jacob

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site

Very simple Go to Contact>Group>Click Hide all Contact>Choose back Show all contact.
Try to search now it will definitely works!

MEMcG

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Logeswaran Jacob View Post
Very simple Go to Contact>Group>Click Hide all Contact>Choose back Show all contact.
Try to search now it will definitely works!

THIS WORKED FOR ME, TOO! I didn't have any "Groups", but I clicked on "Contacts">HOME>New Contact Group>Delete Group NOW I can search! I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro w/Windows 10 and the contact search wouldn't work after my iPhone 5 update to 9.3.2--now it DOES!

THANK YOU!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2