Why are some photos and videos visible on my iphone and icloud but not in mac photos?

I

iMore Question

Hi,

Firstly, I am trying to sync all my photos and videos between my devices and secondly download all originals to the photos app on my macbook.
iCloud Photo Library is switched 'on' on all devices with more than sufficient storage space and Upload to My photo stream is also on.

I can see that photos between my iPhone and iCloud are exactly the same and has been synced OK but not all those photos and videos are then being synced to the photos app on my Macbook?

With the download feature in iCloud also not really functioning properly( when you hit download, not all the photos actually get download) and the tedious task of having to scroll through iPhone/iCloud libraries to compare against whats synced to Photos i'm at a loss trying to resolve this.
Is there something I'm missing or a simple way for me to retrieve all photos from either iPhone or iCloud in one go and then import into Photos?

Appreciate any help with this!

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. Just give it time to possibly finish syncing, especially if you have an anti-virus app scanning your downloads.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711