I have an iPhone 5C iOS No SIM CARD. ... Why did the screen go completely blue?

I

iMore Question

I'm actually having A LOT of trouble with my iPhone 5c. First off I have a SIM CARD that I don't believe is in service but when I go through the start up process, I get no further than "SIM CARD INVALID" or something like that ... I can't even get to the home screen of the iPhone. I just bought this iPhone off one of my friends, who needed the money to move status. Anyway I turned the iPhone on, only to find his iCloud ID information is still on it. I spent hours watching and studying Youtube videos and spent hours following their exact steps to hopefully wipe everything clean from the phone. Nope, it didn't work like I had hoped. I then plugged my iPhone in to my Acer PC Laptop (Windows 8.1) I had to download the latest version of iTunes and iCloud ... yay me right. I Updated and Restored my phone well so I thought ... the whole screen turned bright blue. It said on my iTunes account it was Updating the Software on my iPhone. ... It is now working very slow, at times unresponsive, and the screen will stay on for what about 6 minutes IF that. I would appreciate it if someone could help cause this is driving me crazy.