I am trying to add someone to a shared album.

following instructions at apple "Manage subscribers to shared albums":

When I typed in the additional persons email , and click the 'person' icon again, it doesn't seem to accept the recipient.

I can only ever get them to share with the one recipient that I select when sharing the album to start with.
    06-27-2015 02:01 AM
    Did you see the part that stated the following? "If the person you’re inviting doesn’t have an iCloud account, select the Public Website checkbox."

Add and remove subscribers to a shared album

• Click Shared in the toolbar.
    • Double-click the shared album whose subscribers you want to change, then click in the toolbar.
    • In the To field, do one of the following:

• Invite a new subscriber: Type an email address.
        If the person you’re inviting doesn’t have an iCloud account, select the Public Website checkbox.
      • Remove a subscriber: Select the subscriber’s email address, then press Delete.
      • Reinvite a subscriber: Click the down arrow beside the subscriber’s name and choose Resend Invitation.

• Click in the toolbar or select a different shared album.

When you invite (or reinvite) someone to view a shared album, the person receives an email asking them to subscribe. When you remove an existing subscriber, the album is immediately removed from the subscriber’s devices.

Source: http://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.0/#/phtdfcac5c5
    06-27-2015 10:04 AM
    I'm having the same problem. And I HAVE CHECKED the "Public Website" box allowing people to see the album if they don't have an iCloud account associated with the email address that I entered into the "TO:" field.

And some of the email addresses that I added which initially DID appear to "stick" later disappeared when I went back to the shared album. Weird. Clearly a bug in the product.
    08-16-2015 12:15 PM
    have you found a solution to this problem. I have the same. I cannot add new shared subscribers to already existing Photos albums on my iMac. Can seems to do it on my Iphone6s but not on the computer. soon as I hit the "person" icon above the drop down window and then recheck the persons name is gone.
    01-08-2016 12:31 AM