Add and remove subscribers to a shared album - photos mac osx

I

iMore Question

I am trying to add someone to a shared album.

following instructions at apple "Manage subscribers to shared albums":

When I typed in the additional persons email , and click the 'person' icon again, it doesn't seem to accept the recipient.

I can only ever get them to share with the one recipient that I select when sharing the album to start with.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you see the part that stated the following? "If the person you’re inviting doesn’t have an iCloud account, select the Public Website checkbox."

[h=2]Add and remove subscribers to a shared album[/h]
  • Click Shared in the toolbar.
  • Double-click the shared album whose subscribers you want to change, then click
    IL_Collaborate.png
    in the toolbar.
  • In the To field, do one of the following:
    • Invite a new subscriber: Type an email address.
      If the person you’re inviting doesn’t have an iCloud account, select the Public Website checkbox.
    • Remove a subscriber: Select the subscriber’s email address, then press Delete.
    • Reinvite a subscriber: Click the down arrow beside the subscriber’s name and choose Resend Invitation.
  • Click
    IL_Collaborate.png
    in the toolbar or select a different shared album.
When you invite (or reinvite) someone to view a shared album, the person receives an email asking them to subscribe. When you remove an existing subscriber, the album is immediately removed from the subscriber’s devices.

Source: http://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.0/#/phtdfcac5c5

Brad Greene

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. And I HAVE CHECKED the "Public Website" box allowing people to see the album if they don't have an iCloud account associated with the email address that I entered into the "TO:" field.

And some of the email addresses that I added which initially DID appear to "stick" later disappeared when I went back to the shared album. Weird. Clearly a bug in the product.

cdhearron

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
have you found a solution to this problem. I have the same. I cannot add new shared subscribers to already existing Photos albums on my iMac. Can seems to do it on my Iphone6s but not on the computer. soon as I hit the "person" icon above the drop down window and then recheck the persons name is gone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2