Why Apple Watch doesn't measure heart rate every 10min?

I

iMore Question

I've been using the watch for the past 3 hours and unless I go to glances I don't know HR. Phone Health app only has results for my manual checks, if I don't do them I don't know what it was.

Why doesn't it check every 10min for me?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It should:
The heart rate sensor can also use infrared light. This mode is what Apple Watch uses when it measures your heart rate every 10 minutes. However, if the infrared system isn?t providing an adequate reading, Apple Watch switches to the green LEDs. In addition, the heart rate sensor is designed to compensate for low signal levels by increasing both LED brightness and sampling rate.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204666

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you expecting it to alert you of your heartbeat every 10 minutes? If so, it doesn't do that.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't getting that data in the Health app, either. I had to restart my watch and iPhone for it to start working.

Ivan Vinitskyy

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Tried restarting both, still doesn't work as expected. Is there a particular order decides need to connect / restart. I can't think of anything that would make it not work properly.

Javed Choksi

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue sometimes the watch can go an hour or 2 without taking a reading! One of the main reasons I got this watch was for this constant measurement!

Javed Choksi

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine stopped tracking heart rate automatically as soon as i updated the software last night can anyone else confirm this?
It doesn't track every 10 mins only tracks manually when I go to glances

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77