Can I get a cell signal from my router to enable voice, text, etc on my iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Can i get cell signal from my router to enable voice,text,etc on my iPhone. I have cable internet.??? Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: have Poor cell coverage- Signal available over internet to my iPhone 4s,Mac,apple tv --Help///

Perhaps if your cellular provider Sells and allows the use of "network extenders"... You'd have to consult with your provider.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, you can't get a cell signal from your router to enable voice, text, etc., on your iPhone. You need to purchase a wireless plan from a wireless provider.

robert camp4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I live in a rural area, no cell coverage. I have cable for internet, and can use my iPhone 4s

when I leave my home. that is why I would appreciate any info to obtain a method of using messaging ,etc from this cable

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I live in a rural area, no cell coverage. I have cable for internet, and can use my iPhone 4s

when I leave my home. that is why I would appreciate any info to obtain a method of using messaging ,etc from this cable

Thanks

if you have home Internet access AND a wireless router, you will be able to send and receive "iMessages", email messages, social networking messages, browse the Internet, etcetera. With apps like Skype & Google Voice, you can even make phone calls, if I'm not mistaken. You can also FaceTime other iOS and Mac users. Still, all of that will end when you leave the reach of your Wi-Fi signal until you get to an area with good cellular data coverage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711