Unlocking a locked iPhone 6

I

iMore Question

Hello,

I am originally from the Netherlands and have come to attend university in America. I currently have an iPhone 5 and its freezing almost everyday so what I am planning on doing is buying an iPhone 6. I don't have money to pay 800 dollars for a 64GB one in the apple store, but then I saw this link from Walmart which offered Refurbished iPhone 6's of 64GB for 548 dollars, but its locked to a Sprint Network.

They have the 64GB version for 548 dollars. If i sell my iPhone 5 for 200 bucks or so I would have enough money. I know there is a place at the local mall here that unlocks iPhones for 30 dollars. Seems to me that if I do that its a lot cheaper than buying an iPhone from Apple.

I am wondering if anybody has any experience with this. I'm afraid I'm missing something here.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you do some looking around from 3rd party resellers you may be able to find an iPhone6 thats unlocked and you can afford... if you buy one that is/was on the Verizon network here in the US - it will be unlocked such that it would be useable at home.

Elbert Beekman

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Well the iPhone I currently use is from back home and it is unlocked.

So if I buy a Verizon locked phone (Walmart is offering those too) then I can just get it unlocked?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77