Why are my photos taking up space when it is empty?

I

iMore Question

I have an iphone5 and my photos and camera are taking up 1.7GB of space. I have deleted shared streams from my phone and both the photo stream and shared stream features have been turned off. All photos have been downloaded to iPhoto on my computer so there are no photos in my phone right now. Why is it taking 1.7GB from my phone's space?

Oletram

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello, Smply,

I'm having the same problem. I have deleted ALL media, including the ones that went to the "recently deleted" album. But, still, when I go to "manage storage", it says that "Photos & Camera" is taking 995MB space.
How can I solve this?!
Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Despite the premise of 'cloud storage' it could be your problem. If you have any shared photo albums that might be what's taking up space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oletram

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry if I'm being a noob, I may be missing something (I'm no expert at all), but I have deleted pretty much every thing I could find out, and, still, it is taking almost 1GB of my iPhone space. =/
I have no idea what to do. Help...?:confused:

Attachments

• Photo 14-03-2015 12 35 05.png
    Photo 14-03-2015 12 35 05.png
    651.3 KB · Views: 887

Oletram

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I am using whatsapp, but that's not it, because I delete everything from it from time to time.
I'm going to do a back up and do a full restoration/reset in my iPhone. I see no other way.
Thank you all for your time, guys!

Garywooddell426

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry if I'm being a noob, I may be missing something (I'm no expert at all), but I have deleted pretty much every thing I could find out, and, still, it is taking almost 1GB of my iPhone space. =/
I have no idea what to do. Help...?:confused:

How do I transfer my photos from my samsung to my apple 6 phone? Please help am new user.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Oletram

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
This is not the post subject. Try not mixing different questions in a single topic, ok? =)
But anyway, an easy solution would be to just transfer what you want to your computer... and from your computer to the other device. You can use DropBox, or thousands of other apps. Or just e-mail, if it's not too many pictures.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone...? =(

My daughter was experiencing something similar. She did reclaim some space by doing the following:

1. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically > [OFF]
  2. Set the date to a date about 60 days in the future
  3. Go to Photos > [Albums Tab] > Recently Deleted. Despite not seeing anything in this album prior to changing the date, she had about 5GB of photos show up here.
  4. Select > Delete All and Confirm
  5. Go back to Settings > General > Date & Time and set date/time to current date/time or reactivate Set Automatically
  6. Check your storage settings again and see if you reclaimed any space.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am using whatsapp, but that's not it, because I delete everything from it from time to time.
I'm going to do a back up and do a full restoration/reset in my iPhone. I see no other way.
Thank you all for your time, guys!

Have you checked iCloud Photo Library? I have 174 mb of something there and I have never turned it on. Tap on photos and Camera in settings >usage >Manage Storage and see what it says.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Corey Strachn

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
My daughter was experiencing something similar. She did reclaim some space by doing the following:

1. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically > [OFF]
  2. Set the date to a date about 60 days in the future
  3. Go to Photos > [Albums Tab] > Recently Deleted. Despite not seeing anything in this album prior to changing the date, she had about 5GB of photos show up here.
  4. Select > Delete All and Confirm
  5. Go back to Settings > General > Date & Time and set date/time to current date/time or reactivate Set Automatically
  6. Check your storage settings again and see if you reclaimed any space.

okay same problem tried this and set the date back 3 years. everything showed up..... i tried 60 days future no luck. setting back in time it all showed up about 400 pictures in the delete box. i had 2gb i couldn't use. strange bug. good catch HankAZ

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77