Does unplugging the charger at 80 then plugging it back un shorten the battery life?

Nastybloodlust

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
charge to 80% plug it out and replug it in

does it shorten the battery life if u charge the iphone to 80% and unplug it and replug it in?
i mean like for example if i u mistakely unplug the charger and then plug it back in again?
u know what i mean... :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: charge to 80% plug it out and replug it in

does it shorten the battery life if u charge the iphone to 80% and unplug it and replug it in?
i mean like for example if i u mistakely unplug the charger and then plug it back in again?
u know what i mean... :)

No. It happens to me sometimes. I sometimes forget to charge the phone overnight and I get in the car and it's low, so I just plug in the car. When I get to work it's not fully charged so I just charge at the office. No problem with my battery at all.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Your phone battery will last a certain amount of full charges. Numerous partial charges add up to a full charge. The only thing I've read over and over about LI batteries is to not let them drain to 0%.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

You should have no problems charging that way. From my own readings the only that will shorten the lifespan of li-ion batteries is the temperature conditions when charging. More so in laptops and the like that people leave plugged in a lot. If you're not leaving your plugged in longer than overnight you should be fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2