• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Where do requests to buy something go on family sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

My son just got a new ipad. I have set him up as a family member and have left the "ask to buy" function on. Where do I see the requests that get sent to me if he wants to buy something. A message pops up briefly on my screen saying that he is requesting to buy something but if I don't click on it straight away it just disappears.

ghmail

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
If you swipe down from the home screen it will appear along with all the other notifications from today and yesterday. You can also do it in the Notification Center. Put your thumb at the very top of the screen and drag down.

ghmail

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Put your thumb at the very top of the home screen or in notifications and drag down, this will bring all noticiations from today and yesterday.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't find it there either. What should I add to notification list to see these requests?

There shouldn't be anything to add to Notification Center and there's no way, that I'm aware of, to customize notification settings for Family Sharing.
If you continue to experience issues reset both devices by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo. Then try sending a purchase request through again.

If you swipe down from the home screen it will appear along with all the other notifications from today and yesterday. You can also do it in the Notification Center. Put your thumb at the very top of the screen and drag down.

I'm not sure if that's device-dependent or not but my 6s Plus goes back seven days.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Actually I've had this issue as well. My kids send me requests all the time and if I don't get to them right away, they're not in my Notification Center. I just ask them to resend. It's bothersome but honestly, I haven't had time to chase it down.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually I've had this issue as well. My kids send me requests all the time and if I don't get to them right away, they're not in my Notification Center. I just ask them to resend. It's bothersome but honestly, I haven't had time to chase it down.

That occasionally happens to be too now that I think about it. Like you said, I have them send another request.
You can also just approve the purchase directly from your child's device but that requires typing in your Apple ID and password. Not nearly as convenient as using Touch ID on your own device.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
That occasionally happens to be too now that I think about it. Like you said, I have them send another request.
You can also just approve the purchase directly from your child's device but that requires typing in your Apple ID and password. Not nearly as convenient as using Touch ID on your own device.

The kids won't let me forget so even if the request disappears, they don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok