What's the difference between iCloud storage and normal storage on my iPhone?

I

iMore Question

What's the difference between ICloud storage and normal storage on my IPhone

I bought iCloud storage off my phone 200gb a year but it didn't give any more storage for my phone, I don't understand!!!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: What's the difference between ICloud storage and normal storage on my IPhone

Local storage is what you have available for apps and data directly on your device. If you are offline that data will still be available to you.

iCloud data is stored on Apple servers, so if you are not online you can't get to that data. If you have a lot of pictures or data you need more club storage to be able to backup your device.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: What's the difference between ICloud storage and normal storage on my IPhone

Hi, welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining our forum.

It's not possible to expand the storage of your phone.
To have more storage you could sell your current iDevice and get one with more storage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The 200 gb of storage you bought is iCloud storage, not the phone's storage. iCloud storage is for backing up what is currently on your device. It's not like Dropbox. Your phone's storage is the stuff on your phone like mail, apps, music, messages, Notes, and etc.
When you back your phone up to iCloud, your photos are backed up. But you can't delete them from the camera roll.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2