SMS ( from t-Mobile provider) Backup to icloud

I

iMore Question

How can I ensure that my SMS are properly backup to icloud ? I have a software that can download from icloud was able to verified that all of the information ( notes, photos...etc ) are being backup; however, for some reason, I'm unable to see my SMS. ( I have all options turned on when I do a full manual backup). On another phone ( thru Verizon), I'm able to see all SMS but on the phone that has t-Mobile carrier, I'm unable to see any SMS. I called T-mobile to make sure that there was nothing preventing their SMS upload to icloud and was told to contact Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How can I ensure that my SMS are properly backup to icloud ? I have a software that can download from icloud was able to verified that all of the information ( notes, photos...etc ) are being backup; however, for some reason, I'm unable to see my SMS. ( I have all options turned on when I do a full manual backup). On another phone ( thru Verizon), I'm able to see all SMS but on the phone that has t-Mobile carrier, I'm unable to see any SMS. I called T-mobile to make sure that there was nothing preventing their SMS upload to icloud and was told to contact Apple.

To see what is backed up via an iCloud backup, tap on the following link:

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Having said that, when you login to the iCloud website, you will NOT be able to see the contents of your iCloud backup. Hopefully, that will change with iOS 8 and the iCloud Drive feature. If you're really concerned about saving your SMS messages, take screenshots of them and then save the screenshots to your computer. I don't know what else to tell you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2