I couldn't find any info on this anywhere, so I'm posting now...

I left a job recently, where I had a Macbook for work use. I was signed into my personal iCloud/iTunes account on there too. I didn't get a chance to remove my account from it before I left. Yesterday I noticed that that device was showing up on "Find My iPhone". Here's the question...

If I do "Erase Mac", will it just erase my user account on that Macbook? There are multiple users on it... Or will it erase/reset the entire Macbook to factory settings?

Thanks!
    07-31-2014 05:03 PM
    That might be something you need to ask Ape directly. It's a good question, but the first time I've heard someone ask that.
    Can you just contact your previous employer so they can remove your user account? I'm really surprised though that they wouldn't have already done so.
    07-31-2014 05:18 PM
    Yeah they're disorganized. Got growing up to do. Big reason why I left. Doesn't surprise me.

Where should I contact Apple?
    07-31-2014 05:42 PM
    I called up Apple, and they said that it would erase the entire MacBook drive. Good to know. Hopefully this is useful info for someone else too.

(So easy to get a hold of customer service compared to Google or Microsoft...)
    08-02-2014 02:20 AM