Voice Call Audio/Speaking Volume Issues on iPhone 5S ??

3mkcee

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5S, locked to Rogers and is currently on version 7.1.2.

I've had multiple occasions now where I have either made a call or was answering a call and for some reason, the volume (at its maximum) was quite low, and I could barely hear the person on the other end, as well as some problem of mute going on where no matter how loudly I would speak (yell, eventually) into the phone, the other person could not hear me at all...

It seems like every second call I have made so far has gone through, but the rest of the time.. I would have that issue.

Is it a software malfunction, or something I've done ?

I WILL put it out there that I am using a Lifeproof case for my iPhone... Would that be the cause of the other person being unable to hear me ? I wouldn't THINK so, because if that WAS the case, the person would still be able to hear me to SOME degree, as opposed to not hearing ANYTHING from my end.

Help please !

- In distress

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell because I've didn't experience anything like that with iOS 7.1.2. I'm currently running iOS 8 beta 3. Is it possible you're unknowingly pressing the mute option with your face? You can try doing a clean install of iOS 7.1.2 to see if the problem goes away.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77