3G and Wifi both 'on', battery usage and more on Iphone 5c

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi members,
I'm new here and have been reading since I got my new iPhone 5c a few weeks ago.

I have a question about 3G and Wifi.

I don't have a Wifi signal in my bedroom and I use 3G there. I always close the Wifi connection by hand and open the 3G connection. It would be more convenient if I could have both activated at the same time.
Am I right that the phone gives priority to Wifi?

What if the 3G signal is stronger than the Wifi (or the Wifi signal is absent), will the phone try to connect to the Wifi signal continuously and drain the battery?

I read some confusing posts (not here) about Wifi being disabled when the phone goes to sleep. When my phone is in sleep mode and I activate the screen the Wifi icon in the top bar is always visible the moment the screen is on, there is no delay. Seems to me that my Wifi connection is activated when the phone is in sleep mode, even when the phone isn't plugged in.

Is there a way to avoid switching manually from Wifi to 3G (in the bedroom) while saving as much battery life as possible?

Most nights I charge the phone next to my bed.

And a last question (sorry for so many questions!). Will 3G remain active when the phone sleeps (and is not connected to a power source?).

Nicole
PS I used to have an Android device and IOS is 100% new to me.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Your device will always use wifi if it's available and then cellular if not, and yes it will look for a wifi signal and drain your battery unless you turn it off, which you might want to do when you leave your house or other main spots where your wifi is located. That being said there ARE apps you can download that will more intelligently manage your wifi and turn it off and on for you, BUT my personal opinion is your best bet is to just do it yourself. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2