Why is my iPhone battery losing power quickly?

I

iMore Question

I had to travel recently and put iPhone 4 on airplane mode and turned it off. When I turned it back on at the end of my journey and started using my phone in a regular manner nothing over the top the battery was draining before my eyes. 5%in three minutes and it just kept going. I don't know what I have done I have to constantly charge it if I want it to last the day of general usage - emails, web checking etc. can anybody help.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am going to guess that since it is in a iPhone 4 it has had many charge cycles and could simply be at it's end. I might be worth visiting an Apple Store or Authorized Apple repair store in your area to see what their opinion is.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had to travel recently and put iPhone 4 on airplane mode and turned it off. When I turned it back on at the end of my journey and started using my phone in a regular manner nothing over the top the battery was draining before my eyes. 5%in three minutes and it just kept going. I don't know what I have done I have to constantly charge it if I want it to last the day of general usage - emails, web checking etc. can anybody help.
Check your battery. You may need a new one. Here's how to check your battery.
Go to Settings>General>Usage
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Let us know the results. If it's not a bad battery, there may be another fix.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it normal for my iPod touch 4g to die after three - four hours of game time?

Depending on the game yes. Sometimes it can die in less time. The 4th gen only has a 930 mAh battery.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77