Always On display and battery life

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
So far I am enjoying my new Series 5 44mm Nike+, however I have turned the Always On display because the battery was draining much quicker than with this feature turned off. I am thinking about turning it back on though, even though battery life would get worse.

Speaking of battery life in general, I find that my Series 5 still drains more than my Series 2 does. It’s not a huge drain, but it’s sort of noticeable. Both watches can still last a day on average and I have plenty of charging options for all of my devices, but is this normal battery life for the Series 5?

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I have a 40 mm Apple 5 Sport and have it to continually display. It lasts a bit over a day on an almost full charge.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Compared with my S2, yes, the S5 drains a little bit faster. But the watch, of course, is a lot faster and more powerful.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My Series 5 battery life is fine with Always On enabled.
My watch is on from 5 AM till 11 PM
However I put it on the charger for about 20 min during the late afternoon ( shower time)
I get tons of msg, notifications and alerts and a few short phone calls
Usually end up with about 70%
Good Luck

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have an Apple watch Series 5 44mm Aluminum Case.

I keep my AOD off . Its mainly because I'm pretty active thoughout the day ,and use it as a tracker alot. I keep most notifications off that are not health or fitness related. But I think that's the only two things currently off. I don't mind touching the screen to see the time.

My day starts at 5am and ends around Midnight, I also sleep with my watch on to track my sleeping info. I need the max juice out of the watch battery . It does charge pretty fast, at least compared to my phone.So far so good :)

I been averaging anywhere from 17 miles to 20 miles a day and that's down from what it use to be ,,to give you an ideal of my activity that I like to track :)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have my watch on since 9:00 this morning (it's 20:26), and I'm at 17% with a 2.5 hour tracked walk in that time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have my watch on since 9:00 this morning (it's 20:26), and I'm at 17% with a 2.5 hour tracked walk in that time.

Mine has been on my arm today for 12 hours and 44 minutes and the battery level currently sits at 68%.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The series 5 is my first watch and no battery complaints at all. I tried the Samsung active 2 and that had about the same battery life.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the replies! I have been using the Watch without the Always On display and the battery has been better. I will try the Always On display soon.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the replies! I have been using the Watch without the Always On display and the battery has been better. I will try the Always On display soon.

On behalf of everyone who responded, you’re very welcome...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I’ve turned on the Always On display now that the Series 5 is my only Watch. I gave my Series 2 to my dad. The battery life with it turned on is not so bad now.

I hear ya. When I first got my Series 5, the battery drainage was okay. I could get through the day without a problem, but I ended up with less remaining battery life than what I was accustomed to. Now, my remaining battery life at the end of the day is way more than I ever expected. I’m very pleased with the always on display.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya. When I first got my Series 5, the battery drainage was okay. I could get through the day without a problem, but I ended up with less remaining battery life than what I was accustomed to. Now, my remaining battery life at the end of the day is way more than I ever expected. I’m very pleased with the always on display.

The Always-On display battery drain is noticeable for me but it is not a huge problem. I can still get through the day, however I think I will try again using it without this feature activated to see if there is less of a drain on the battery.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Just an update: I’ve gone from having the Always On display turned off to turned on and I find that while the battery life is worse with it turned on when it’s turned off it still drains a bit more than my Series 2 did.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2